Local marketers continue to be optimistic – 26% believe that it will be easier to achieve local SEO¹ success, up from 22% last year. Following are key findings from a recent study, where marketers and businesses weigh in on local marketing strategies.
Marketers who specialize in SEO evaluate trends that impact local marketing:
- Almost 60% feel that the Google My Business platform has improved in the past year.
- Google’s Page Experience Update is expected to have a big impact on SEO.
- Following algorithm updates can provide useful information.
- Nearly 30% say that voice search is important.
Local businesses rank the most valuable services for marketing success:
- Google My Business optimization ranks at the top.
- Nearly 40% rate citation building² as an important service.
- Content creation follows with just over 30% indicating its importance.
- Competitor research is also a valuable service.
Local businesses assess the most beneficial marketing metrics:
- Google local and organic rankings provide key data.
- Just over 50% rate phone calls as important.
- New leads/inquiries also rank near the top.
- Organic traffic provides another valuable tool.
The local SEO industry is always changing, with shifts that often have a significant impact on business. These statistics, which provide valuable insights when assessing your local marketing strategy, are important to consistently take into consideration.
¹Search Engine Optimization (SEO): the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results (moz.com).
²Citation building: sending out consistent, accurate and relevant information about your business to listing directories so that search engines and consumers know when, how and where to find your local business (revlocal.com).
Source: marketingcharts.com; Local Search Industry Survey from BrightLocal, reported by Rosie Murphy