A positive customer experience can prompt buyers to purchase more, as well as recommend and trust a business. A recent study shows that three-quarters of marketers are making it a priority to retain customers and improve client service. Following are key findings:
The Top Elements of Customer Experience:
Businesses consider these characteristics critical to brand success:
- The majority rank user experience as an essential element.
- Three-quarters rate customer perception of and connection to the brand.
- Six-in-ten site personalization across channels, including website and digital interactions.
Steps to Improve Business Performance:
Successful strategies to improve business performance and become leaders include:
- Make successful changes to product/service offerings.
- Implement purpose-led initiatives: Research¹ shows that consumers have a more positive image of and are more likely to trust purpose-led companies.
- Adjust messaging to be more authentic, compassionate and transparent.
The Future of Customer Experience:
Businesses look ahead to gain a sustainable, long-term competitive edge:
- Create a new content focus and generate experiences.
- Apply personalization and ease for the customer at every digital touchpoint.
- Implement a 360-degree, data-driven view of customers: Your customer data in one place, including contact info, purchasing data, customer service interactions and social media behavior.²
The importance of making the customer experience a priority is clear. Leading brands effectively employ best practices to deliver positive product/service experiences.
Source: MarketingCharts; Designit study; ¹Porter Novelli’s Implicit Association Study; ²360-degree definition: superoffice.com