With over 1.7 billion websites online, and growing, it’s important to create unique methods to stand out from the crowd. Following are four tips to step up your online business growth:
1) Determine Your Target Audience
- Define your target audience by using demographic, psychographic and geographic factors so you can tailor your marketing campaign.
- Understanding your customers’ needs/interests will help you catch their attention.
2) Optimize Your Website
- Ensure that your website is designed professionally and to perfection, as it is a window through which visitors interact with you and get a glimpse of your product/service.
- Make the layout user-friendly so consumers can find what they’re looking for, moving easily from one page to another.
3) Use Content Marketing
- Create informative blog posts based on your customers’ interests — appealing to them and solving their problems. When they find a solution through your brand, they’ll trust you even more.
- Develop high-quality images, videos, infographics, and other forms of content to further increase your reach and engage with your audience.
4) Leverage Search Engine Optimization (SEO)¹
- Research relevant keywords for your brand and ensure that they are distributed throughout your content, which tells search engines what the content is all about.
- Check your current page loading speed², and make sure your website is mobile-friendly, since nearly 50% of web traffic comes from mobile devices.
To gain a larger market share and grow your online business, it’s important to be creative and continually think “out of the box.”
¹SEO is a set of techniques that are aimed at improving your rankings in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
²Page load speed is the length of time it takes to display all the content on a specific page (seoclarity.net).
Source: smallbiztrends.com, reported by Shane Barker