While there’s no surefire formula for instant success, you can boost your company’s growth with a marketing strategy. Following are tips from small business start-up founders on how to help grow your business.
1) Focus on established revenue sources:
- Maximize your current customer base: implement a loyalty program, try out marketing strategies based on customers’ purchase histories, etc.
2) Be adaptable:
- Switch direction in response to changes in the market — test different approaches and find out what works best.
3) Focus on customer experience:
- Provide superior customer service — when you exceed customers’ expectations, they are likely to tell their friends, family and colleagues about your business.
4) Always think ahead:
- Planning your next step – in anticipation of all possible scenarios – is the best way to stay grounded and secure as your business evolves.
5) Develop a social media strategy:
- Use social media to drive traffic to your website where customers can learn about you and buy your products/services; post content that’s interesting and relevant to your audience.
6) Research your competitors:
- Ask yourself who your competitors are, what they’re doing (that you’re not doing) and how you can differentiate your business from theirs.
7) Maintain your website:
- A web presence is essential: include your location, hours, an “about us” page, product/service pages, frequently asked questions (FAQs), a blog and contact information.
8) Optimize your site for SEO¹:
- Focus on Search Engine Optimization so customers can easily find you online.
9) Create relevant content:
- Provide quality digital content on your site, such as videos, customer testimonials, blog posts and demos, that make it easy for customers to find the correct answers to their questions.
10) Get listed in online directories:
- Include your business in as many relevant directories as possible; create listings for your business on specific directories that focus on your industry.
Running a business takes time, effort and perseverance. Be sure to do your research, create a solid marketing plan and stay focused so your business can continue to grow.
*SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the science of improving a website to increase its visibility when people search for products or services. (techtarget,com) Source: businessweekdaily.com, reported by Sean Peek, Shannon Gausepohl; forbes.com, reported by Kathy Haan, Adam Ramirez, Kelly Mail