Both U.S. and global Out-of-Home (OOH) ad growth are expected to rise at a fast pace through 2025, fueled mostly by Digital-Out-of-Home (DOOH).
Global Out-of-Home Ad Growth:
- Out-of-Home’s compound annual growth rate (CAGR)* between 2021 and 2025 is expected to be 7.3%, fueled mostly by Digital Out-of-Home’s 12.2% CAGR.
- Digital Out-of-Home will account for 34.2% of all Out-of-Home ad spend in 2025.
U.S. Digital Out-of-Home Ad Growth:
- DOOH (ex. billboard, DMV, elevator, gas station) in the U.S. will accelerate sharply in 2022 with an 8.9% CAGR through 2025.
- In 2025, Digital Out-of-Home will have a 37.1% share of total Out-of-Home ad revenue in the U.S.
- Global: Digital Out-of-Home exposure time will increase at a 7.3% CAGR in 2025, grabbing a 40.4% share of total consumer time spent with OOH media.
- U.S.: Continuing an ongoing trend, total time spent with OOH among Americans expanded 0.5% to 2.86 hours weekly in 2020.
*The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is the proportional growth rate from year to year, used to calculate growth over a time period.
Source: Digiday, reported by Michael Burgi; PRWeb, reported by PQ Media’s Patrick Quinn (CEO/Founder) and Leo Kivijarv; Media Daily News, reported by Joe Mandese