Local businesses, which represent 56% of businesses used by U.S. internet users, provide a better customer experience over national chains, according to recent research.
Respondents cite how local outperforms national on service and quality:
- 96% – better at personalizing service.
- 91% – more trustworthy and better at treating them fairly.
- 88% – better at customer service overall.
- 86% – delivering quality work.
Respondents saw improvements for local businesses over the past 2 to 3 years:
- 67% – website.
- 54% – competitive pricing.
- 49% – specials deals and offers.
- 45% – customer service focus.
Respondents cite which factors set local businesses apart:
- 57% – special offers for returning customers.
- 38% – a website designed for mobile (% of U.S. mobile device users).*
- 33% – the ability to book or request an appointment online.
- 28% – online payment options.
For local businesses to remain at the top, they’ll need to continue providing a superb, personalized customer experience, offer competitive pricing and continually update their online presence.
Source: Yodle-“Yodle Insights: What Consumers Want From Local Businesses”;
*BrightLocal; reported by eMarketer
Contact us for more information on marketing your business.
800.922.9933 l [email protected] l www.mvnetwork.com