Keeping Up with Advertising Trends Can Help Businesses Make and Save Money
Marketing has no finish line – its process must constantly be monitored, refined and adapted to changing trends. Below are some marketing trends impacting the cost and effectiveness of today’s advertising campaigns:
- People are spending less time in front of traditional TVs.
- Numerous households are “choosing to dump TV altogether,” opting instead for broadband and streamed video content.
(Source: A.C. Nielsen; Time Magazine)
- Consumers are spending more time online – especially on mobile
devices – and digital ads have shown tremendous growth.
- Numerous studies question the effectiveness of these ads, however. Fortune Magazine cited: “Half of all online ads are never seen by a human being; huge amounts of traffic and clicks come from bot* networks, and fraud is rampant.”
(*software programs designed to mimic the activities of human browsers)
- Word-of-Mouth Is Key
- Word-of-mouth is the most trusted source driving sales,
followed by online consumer reviews.
- Out-of-Home, including Digital Place-based Signage, generates a disproportionately high amount of word of mouth conversations.
(Source: Keller Fay Study; A.C. Nielsen)
Contact us for more information on marketing your business.
800.922.9933 l [email protected] l www.mvnetwork.com