Five Thoughts About Customer Service …
After They Buy From You!
- Provide and Promote Follow-up
- Request feedback on your service; make improvements if necessary.
- Provide information about exclusive upgrades and relevant add-ons.
- People Love Folks Getting Back to Them Quickly
- Acknowledge customers’ inquiries as soon as possible.
- Make sure your response answers their questions/concerns.
- Show Them, Rather than Tell Them, About “How-To’s”
- Use hands-on demonstration or printed illustrations to give clear direction at the time of the sale.
- Have instructions/illustrations easily accessible on your website, or in leave-behind documentation, to answer questions.
- You Don’t Have to Fix Every Problem… but You Can Try
- While fixing a problem is ideal, just trying to solve it goes a long way.
- Customers appreciate when you explain why you may not be able to fix a problem.
- Create a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Page
- Notice when the same questions are asked, and turn that into an FAQ you can leave behind or post on your website.
- FAQ documentation provides 24/7 access to clients for answering questions/solving concerns/etc.
Using the support strategies listed above shows customers that you value their business and support them even after the sale.
Source: Allen Weiss, MarketingProfs
MVN Research Department
1 Selleck Street, 3rd Floor Norwalk, CT 06855 Phone: 800.922.9933 Fax: 203.899.1701
E-mail: [email protected] www.mvnetwork.com