A recent study shows that CMOs (Chief Marketing Officers) rank business growth as the top priority in marketing goals. Following are insights into achieving this objective, as well as other strategies and challenges*.
What are the top priorities in marketing?
Business growth ranks first as the primary role of marketing:
• #1: Delivery of business growth.
• #2: Ensuring effective brand management.
• #3: Developing the overall customer experience.
How do CMOs support business growth?
Building lasting relationships with customers is key to delivering business growth:
• #1: Securing long-term customer relationships.
• #2: Driving revenue growth.
• #3: Enhancing margin growth.
CMOs see a battle for consumer attention.
There are challenges in building long-term customer relationships:
• #1: Increasing levels of competition.
• #2: Consumers’ less responsive to traditional advertising.
• #3: Information overload.
*Top 3 rankings for each category
Source: Dentsu Aegis CMO Survey Report, reported by Marketing Charts