Consumers like, use, and remember VIDEO. In fact, video currently accounts for 64% of all Internet traffic and is expected to reach 80% by 2019¹.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth much more: one minute of video equates to 1.8 million words of text in a message². Internet videos demonstrate communication effectiveness and marketing power to influence a consumer’s path to purchase. Research shows³:
• 80% of consumers recall watching an Internet video in the past month.
• 71% of video viewers made a purchase.
• 53% contacted the business after watching a video.
• 51% of viewers visited the business website.
• 33% of viewers visited the store.
Video drives traffic to websites, boosts page ranking and influences a consumer’s decision to purchase products and services. The use of video by local businesses is expected to grow in popularity as it becomes more affordable and accessible.
Search Engine Land;
(1) Cisco’s Visual Networking Index;
(3) Online Publisher’s Association Survey, LSA (Local Search Association)