All businesses are digital in some aspect. Between finding new customers or staying connected to current ones, there’s much to consider for your marketing strategy. Below are 4 key ways to give your business a digital tune-up:
1) Give your digital platforms a review.
Consider the look of your website, which is often your first impression to consumers:
- Ensure that your website is clean, responsive and easy to navigate.
- Fix broken links, refresh images, and update designs to engage more visitors.
2) Yes, you probably should pivot to video.
Research predicts that video will account for more than 80 percent of web traffic¹:
- Video can often better engage and tell a story than can a whitepaper or blog post.
- Video can be repurposed and shared across multiple platforms.
3) Think about your social media strategy.
Determine how social media plays a part in your overall business:
- If it is a source for new customers, or if continued engagement is important, then focus more attention on social media.
- Social media platforms each have their own strengths and weaknesses. If you have a loyal following or products/services that do well on a specific platform, stay the course.
4) Great content still matters.
Research indicates that longer-form, higher-quality content will be even more important in the years ahead²:
- Avoid generic filler content that populates the page with useless language.
- Provide readers with value so they feel they’ve learned something beneficial.
Leading trends in digital marketing will help move your business forward with a vision for success. A balance between traditional marketing and an eye toward the future of brand building through digital is important in today’s media landscape.
Source: BusinessNewsDaily.com, written by Derek Walter, founder of Walter Media; ¹Cisco Visual Networking Index-Forecast and Trends 2017-2022; ²Forbes-buzzsummo.com; internetmarketinginc.com